Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fireworks Night


Last night it didn't rain and I did make it down to English Bay. Instead of getting
down there four hours ahead of fireworks starting time to find a good spot...which I
know in the past has been the recommended thing...I decided to take a chance and leave
my home much later than that...and not let myself be disappointed if I didn't find a decent spot. With about twenty minutes to go...I did find a spot...with nothing between me and the water. I was struck by the peacefulness of the crowd on the shore...just enjoying a summer night by the water...as we waited for things to start. Part way through the fireworks...I could hear just behind me some newly arrived neanderthal voices...breaking the peace...and continuing to do so...until the fireworks were over.
I didn't let this addition to the evening spoil it for me...but I was wondering how
people who talk incessantly...can possibly take in what it is they are looking at...
then again...perhaps that's not why they came there. All in all...the fireworks were excellent...and I was glad I made the effort to get down to the bay...and be rewarded
with video of the event...from start to finish..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home