Sunday, September 21, 2008

Survival Of The Wisest


Years ago...I first came upon the notion...that we human beings are three brained
creatures...still carrying in us the oldest of the brains...the reptile brain. That
discovery...made a lot of things fall into place for me. For years I had wrestled
with the question...of why many of us humans...seem to suffer from an over dose
of blindness and backwardness. The presence of "the reptile" lurking in us...unless
we make an ongoing and conscious effort...to curtail what it has a tendency to propel
us towards...gave me something to work on...in my own imperfect journey. Perhaps...
among other things...the tendency to be quick to wage war...as a central way of
resolving conflict...when it should be well known by now...the carnage it always costs
...might be traced back...to "the reptile"...and its tendencies. Fast forward to our
present era...with its unprecedented complexity. This is not a good time...for leaders
with their reptiles to the fore...to be ruling our world. Some time ago I read a phrase by a very fine writer...whose name I can't recall...but whose memorable phrase
I can. He said...that we are now living in the time of..."the survival of the
wisest"...amen. There is little or no wriggle room left for survival from...the blind and backward decisions...of those with their reptile...very much to the fore. Let us pray...that it is the wisest...who rise...to lead our world...through uncertain
times.....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home