Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Video Making & the Big Picture


Editing a video last night...as I was adding an effect to one of the clips...I noticed
that the small sign at the bottom of the screen had turned to red...meaning I was rapidly running out of space...and risking having my computer crash on me. I somehow was able to abort the function the machine was engaged in...did one or two other things...then played back the video in question. It didn't take long to see that a chunk of it was missing. I tried several things to see if I could restore the missing
piece...but they didn't work. Knowing I would likely have to record over the whole
video...left me feeling jangled...and I had to work on myself to quell my dissonance
...and get a good night's sleep...the better to fight another day. One of the notions
that helped me to regain my balance...as distasteful as it is to do over work you've
already done...was to look at the Big Picture...when you're making videos...i.e. to
remind myself...that I've successfully completed many videos...and along the way...
at least a few...are likely to get botched...so the thing is...to simply accept that
part too...of my video making adventures...and turn myself to a "do over"...free of
jangle. I hope to do this one over soon...and I have the sense that I've learnt
something from the mistake I made last night...i.e. make sure you have enough room
in your computer...to complete the job you're setting out to do. So...unpleasant as
it was...last night's fiasco...turned out to be a learning experience...and that's
part of the Big Picture too......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home