Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Resuming My Walks


Was able to get a good walk in today...on sidewalks no longer icy. There has been a
melting going on for many days now...although small piles of dirty snow persist...safely away from the sidewalks. I took my camera with me today...but ended
up not even taking one picture. It seems that we are in that...fortunately short
window...where yards and surroundings that are so attractive...for so much of the year
out here...are really in a beaten back state...and the clumps of discoloured snow...also contribute to your not wanting to take any pictures. I'm sure that some flowers...perhaps the witch hazel...are out somewhere in my city...but I didn't see any today. Anyway...I am glad I am able to walk freely again...and anticipate doing a lot of that in the days to come. Regardless...we are now...edging our way towards spring.................................Quester.

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM , Blogger Lodestone said...

Glad to hear you were out and about. Very cold here in Wisconsin. I looked at your favorites on Youtube. I was tickled to see we share some similar tastes. Seu Jorge, Christy Moore, Paul Brady, Mary Black.

Have you heard the original version of Seu Jorge
"É Isso Aí" ( I prefer the Portuguese version), it's called "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice?

I have been very troubled as of late and your songs "Totem Pole of Kitsilano" and "Black Berry Time" have helped ease my suffering. Thanks for your music and thanks for sharing online.
- Bill aka Lodestone

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home