Friday, January 16, 2009

"Way To Go...Sully"


[Photo: Detail from mural on Commercial Street...Vancouver].
In yesterday and today's news...I have felt uplifted...by "The Miracle on the Hudson"
...155 people being rescued when their plane had to land on the water...with no
fatalities...Hallelujah!. I am so glad that I can use the word "people" instead of
"souls"...in what I've just written...the latter term tending to be used...in accounts
of disasters. This is no disaster...this is likely to turn out to be the "feel good" event of the year. There are so many good aspects of this story...and I'm sure...books
will be written about it...but the thing that so far that has made me smile...is the
brilliant...decisive...and gutsy execution of the landing...by Captain Sullenberger
and his crew. We haven't yet heard from the Captain...given he has to be debriefed...
before he speaks publicly...but what an impressive job he did...making several crucial
decisions...in quick time...under enormous pressure...for the good of his passengers
and all. So...although on my Blog...I don't often produce lemming-like responses...
to stories in the news...this time round...especially with so much doom and gloom
around...I salute the Captain...and his crew. This story has really reminded me of
my connection with my fellow human beings...what affects some...can sometimes affect
us all...this event...I'm sure...has brought a relieved smile...to many.
Way to Go...Sully.........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home