Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hope Springs Eternal


Just finished checking my e-mail. On my e-Mac...there is a red circle that goes on at
the bottom of the screen...alerting you that you have e-mail...and telling you the
number of them. When at first you see that...a momentary hopeful feeling flickers through you...as if some kind of positive...earth shaking news...is at hand. At this...I say to myself..."hold on...it'll be what it'll be". Often when I check next...what the e-mails are about...despite my..."reining in myself" m.o...there is some disappointment...at another dose of "same old same old". I actually wrote a poem once...about knowing that my rescue was not likely to come...via my mail or letter box ...my telephone...or my e-mail. Despite that...a spark of hope...still hits me...when I first see that red circle on the corner of my mail logo. I guess there is truth
in what they say...that..."hope springs eternal".......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home