Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Art On Ice

Night before last...I watched an Olympic event on television...that transcended
athleticism...and became art. Virtue and Moir...in ice dance...created a beautiful
flowing unity...gliding effortlessly across the ice...that when it was done...
would have benefited from the announcers involved holding their tongues...in
uplifted silence. Instead...the main announcer...while the last graceful move...
was still reverberating...in a way that seemed to be telling the audience..."don't
forget about me...I have something important to say about this"...blurting out the
poetic words..."but is it enough!!!". Truth is...for myself...and I'm sure others...
it was more than enough...based on its uplifting artistry...manifested in a highly
strssful situation...where slipping on the ice could happen at any moment It reminded
me also...of why I appreciate...grace...beauty...and flow on the ice...but don't like
the accepted practice of a panel of judges deciding about it's quality. I'd prefer to decide about it for myself. In a way...the judges deciding that the pair had won a gold medal with their exquisite piece of work...seemed almost unnecessary...because...they had transcended all the techniques...they had rehearsed over many years...and...this night...had turned it into a piece of art.....................Quester.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quester:
I too saw the artful movement across the ice cold like a fire tenderly floating unfolding...
lyght

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home