Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pacific Sunset


Rediscovered this picture in my files the other day. The painting itself is long gone...residing in a collection of my paintings...owned by a woman...who now lives in the Okanagan. I think that I pretty well have photos of all the paintings I ever sold...remembering to take a picture of them...before they were no longer in my possession. Acquiring my first computer in 2002...with among other things...a digital
painting program...pretty well marked the ending of my acrylic paints on canvas era...
as I was able to try out my picture ideas...now rapidly...with "save" and "don't save"
as my two new found assistants. Given painting had not been a career thing with me...
but an "extending creative horizons thing" instead...I could let it rest...with my
first creative love...song making...still central in my creative life. Having said
that...I continue to respect and salute...paint on canvas pictures...and will always
leave the door open...to a return to it,,,of some kind. In the meantime...it is
"Pacific Sunset"...perhaps an appropriate picture...for the subject I'm writing
about tonight...as the sun actually disappears into the Pacific..........Quester.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM , Blogger denarutten said...

I love your use of colour! Enjoyed seeing this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home