Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Ears Have It

It was likely hearing Dylan Thomas reciting his poems...on a tape...many years ago...
that gave me an appreciation of the voice of the poet...communicating the fruits of
his or her inspiration. To this day...I prefer listening to poetry...if it's any good...rather than reading it off the page. For this reason...up ahead...I'm likely
to put voice versions of a few of the poems...already published on this blog...along
with...hopefully...some new ones. Last night I spent some time looking at ideas for
future audio blogs. One of the things that ocurred to me...as I engaged in that exercise...was that for pieces of writing...using the Guyana dialect in places...
having a voice version...would convey the flavour so much better...than
trying to write...or read dialect...on a page. Anyway...I don't believe in building
a "prison of promises" when I start anything...so...we'll simply have to see...or hear
...how the "voice on the web" thing...unfolds..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home