Sunday, December 04, 2005

Loose Communities

A song writer...singer...and key board player I know...had a launch of his group's cd
...to which I was invited last night. One of the additional reasons I attended...was
knowing that there would be several people present there...who I've grown to like and
interact well with...over the last two or three years. During that time...we have kept
meeting at poetry nights...benefit concerts...parties...and music nights...where we
have shared our work...or talked and laughed together. I was thinking last night...
what a pleasant organic way that is...to get to know people...no forcing of anything
...no calculated getting to know each other strategies...just being open and meeting
each other from time to time...and becoming over time...better and better acquainted.
i had the sense last night...that over the time since we first started meeting...it looks like we have become what I would call...a "loose community"...and I'm not speaking in a behavioural sense...of people who simply like each other. So...here's to "loose communities"...and may we all have one or more we are
connected to...in our lives..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home