Tuesday, April 24, 2007

April Roses

On my walk this evening...some different looking flowers from behind
a wrought iron fence...caught my eye.
Perhaps...they looked somehow different...simply because I didn't expect to see them at this time of year.
On closer inspection...I saw that they were roses!. Roses...with one week still
left in April!. I had never before seen them out this early. I remember when I
first came out to live on the West Coast
one October...checking the roses into
December...to see if I would be justified
having the line..."sending me where December roses grow" in
a song...and reluctantly concluding that the roses that were still out close to the Christmas season...were too tattered to include in the line of the song I had in mind. I'm going to have to mull over...the "April Roses" reality. Perhaps I have been presented
with the title for another song.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home