Friday, July 25, 2008

Bird At My Window


[On a recent gloomy morning...I took this picture of a lingering pigeon at my window].
I share the city I live in with many other creatures. Birds are the most visible...of
my co-citizens...or should I say fellow denizens. Living near a finger of the ocean as I do...gulls...can be seen perching on nearby roofs...or sometimes circling and
celebrating an especially fine day. Despite it's somewhat haunting cry...I wouldn't say I get mysterious vibes from a gull. Also despite the largeness of the species of gull I see most often...I wouldn't say the gull is what you might call a "power bird". Once the soft murmurings of pigeons...found their way into some of my songs...but attributed to "doves" instead...had some "romantic appeal" for me. Come to think of it ...the pigeon is an energetically romantic bird...the male...I think it is...often doing its strut and circle "dance of love"...around the object of its momentary affections...it seems...whatever the weather or season may be. Pigeons
lost their "romantic" appeal...some years ago...after they colonized my apartment balcony...and refused to budge. Of the three birds I see most of...for me...the crow
is the most intriguing one. Their "up to no good walk"...often catches my attention
...and I think...reflects their opportunistic agenda...always on the look out...to
acquire food by hook or by crook. Crows...of course...have been known to do some very
intelligent things...including some excellent problem solving. Of the three birds
mentioned...the crow...for me...is the most interesting...but if they all disappeared from my surroundings...I know I would miss them all........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home