Monday, September 15, 2008

A Sudden Tidying


I had just posted today's picture...when the phone rang. It was a relative...in town
for a brief while...who wanted to visit within an hour or so. This set me off on a
whirlwind of activity...to make my place reasonably presentable. I'm sure I'm not the
only one who does last minute tidying up...when someone you know is about to drop by.
I guess it's about putting your best place forward. I did a quick removal of bits and
pieces...from the areas where the visit will unfold...and closed the door on places
not in play today. When I first got the call...I may have been silently swearing...but
now...a bit after an explosive clearing effort...I am thankful for the spur that was
given me...I'm even beginning to like my living room again...and I am ready to face...
the ringing of my buzzer...any time now..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home