Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A Large Red Dot


I've...over time...trained myself...not to live life...easily irritated by this or that...having seen how some people seem to live out their lives...expressing anger...at the slightest thing...perhaps having arrived at a condition in themselves...that is now part and parcel of what they have become. I don't want that to happen to me...if I can help it. There is at least one thing...though...I don't think I'm ever likely to become mellow about. It's none other than having spam thrust upon me...through any of its many highways to me...i.e...the internet...my telephone...on the street...my post box ...etc...etc. A few years ago I asked the postal employee...who was putting mail into my mail box...along with a hefty clump of fliers...if there was a way junk mail could be stopped. He told me...no...postal workers are required by law...to deliver junk. I sighed and walked away. A couple mornings ago...I asked another post man...what could be done about this problem. I don't know if the law has changed recently...but he said...you can either put a sticky label on your post box...saying no junk...or simply...a red dot. The elegance of the second choice...immediately caught my attention...I'm like that...even in the midst of junk...I keep an eye out for elegance. This afternoon I located some large stick on red dots...and engaged in a David-like act...as he strikes back at Goliath...I stuck one on my post box. I felt as I did that...there is some hope left in this world...for the "little citizen" to make a choice not to be ongoingly pestered...by something unwanted. I enjoyed sticking on that red dot...like a little kid...casting a magic spell. I really hope this one works.........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home