Thursday, September 03, 2009

Part Of A Life Led


Last night...looking for a listing on Google...I came upon an unexpected one. It
mentioned my name...nothing exceptional about that...[there are many online with my
name]...and a song I'd written and sung in Britain...when I lived and toured there...
many years ago. On this site...there were twenty nine messages...to and from different
people...asking for information about my song. It's interesting how people discuss
you...when you have not been visible to them for a long time. It reminded me a bit...
of stories people write or tell about others who have passed on. That is one reason
I have many videos on YouTube...not to mention...this blog...i.e. to tell at least part of my own story. The story on the page in question...that got the biggest chuckle out of me...was that I'd written the song people were asking about..."Slightly Faded"...based on what happened with me and a "prostitute I was engaged to". Nothing......of course...could be further from the truth...but...I could see how some people puzzling about the
catalyst for the song...having not been told what it actually was...might invent their
own back story for it. In a way I suppose...it's similar to the way human beings
pass around stories to each other...with each telling getting further and further
away from the truth of the matter. I did send a message to the site to set the record
straight...but...it didn't seem to have registered on the site...like the other
messages on the page. [Me and that "cyber shadow" thing again!]. Anyway...my going through the messages...was also...a trip down memory lane...in a distant chapter in my life...and sometimes...it's good to have those...if you can then relinquish them as being...just part of a life led............................Quester.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM , Blogger Arboleda said...

Dear Quester: It's been a long time since I was able to write a comment on your blog even though I read it every time you post something since I linked it to my facebook profile. I had to create an account and a blog so I'll give it a try.

I feel happy for you knowing that you can look at passages of your life from a different perspective and through different windows.

Hugs, love and peace.♫☼☺☻♥1♥

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home