Monday, September 28, 2009

Windmill On My Mountain

For me...seeing an almost 180 degree sweep of mountains...from my front windows
...has become a centering and inspirational part of my life. I have appreciated
that the powers that be...have not allowed high rise buildings to go up in the foreground...blocking my mountain view. Two days ago...sitting on my couch...
mountain gazing as I often do...I saw it for the first time...to the right of the
ski runs...on the mountain at the centre of my post card view...a thin white pencil...pointing up to the sky!. I was looking at the first stage of a wind mill
being erected on one of my mountains...something embarked upon...with no one
consulting me...about whether I'd mind my view being messed with. On the one hand
...it was a reminder of the "pawn in the game" aspect...that asserts itself sometimes...in our living environment. After processing a slight wobbling of my homeostasis...I reflected further...on the coming change in my skyline. Where I
have arrived at...so far...is...that my world does urgently need to start...
seeking new ways of powering itself...in ways that do not hasten the demise of our Earth...reaching to the sun...the tides...and...yes...the wind...and other natural
power sources...to take us back to sanity. At one point in my reflections...an
ironic smile flitted across my face...as I saw...that Don Quixote and myself...
have some tendencies in common...but instead of tilting at..."the windmill on my
mountain"...I should leave it to turn in the wind...turning us onwards to a saner
way of living on our Earth........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home