Saturday, September 12, 2009

Age May Lead To Wisdom...Maybe


Sometimes..."old"...and..."wise"...are twinned...as if they inevitably belong together. Getting old...however...doesn't automatically mean...getting wise. What it does...is provide an individual with more life experiences...and more time to reflect on life. However...getting old...can easily cause someone...to become entrenched in his or her prejudices...and after hard life experiences...succumb to bitterness. I have often said...that bitterness is a state...to be resisted. My sense is that when you become bitter...even though you may have had strong cause to go in that direction...the "other side"...that you are bitter about...would have ended up winning the day. I think that getting older...can lead to getting wiser...if along the way...an individual learns about...and practises...forgiveness...compassion...gracefulness...being loving...laughing...
and peaceful. [I'm sure I've forgotten some other important qualities...but this list will suffice]...and at all times...is open to learning about life...rather than being closed off...from having had bad experiences. There's more I probably could say...but I'm reminded of words from one of my own songs..."fools may speak of wisdom...while
wise men have no say...let your mind keep open...and light may come your way".
A good place to sign off.....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home