Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Winter Ninja No More

This morning...I spot the first snow on some of my mountains...underlining that
the magnificent summer we've experienced this year...is finally over...and that
the new season...is on its way. When i lived in Ontario...there were no mountains
providing me with can't miss signals from on high. They simply were not necessary.
The first cold wind...some time before the end of Augyst...if I remember correctly
...was enough to alert my system that it was...time for me to become
a soldier once again...to face the harrowing cold...and gloom shortened days coming up
...not to mention...battles with the snow. I am happy to report...that the snow
this morning on my West Coast mountains...does not put me on red alert. I know now
from past experience living here...that the winter will be mild...barring unforseen
climate changes...the grass will continue to be green throughout autumn and winter
...and brightly coloured berries...and even a few flowers here and there...will be
on hand...through the shortened days...to help me to keep on...without having to
become a winter ninja. I know too...that what is about to unfold...is the necessary
prelude...to my favourite season...spring...out here...unless the pattern changes
...that starts it's slow but much anticipated unfolding...usually...some time in
January. So...let the shorter days and longer nights unfold productively...and may
we all last...until spring returns.....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home