Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Thanksgiving...Not About Turkeys

My Thanksgiving Song on YouTube...is surging for the third year in a row...at
this time of the year...in the number of people who are viewing it. As I wrote
in my online description...this song was written in the spirit of All The Time Thankfulness...rather than thankfulness being brought to the fore...on only one
day of the year. My idea of thanksgiving...has nothing to do with turkeys. Of
course...growing up in Guyana...I can't remember...then...there ever being a Thanksgiving Day...or ever having eaten turkey...confining myself to just
talking it...from time to time. So...given that beginning...gathering around a
a generous bird...when I was being shaped...was never in my picture...small wonder then...the turkey thing...has never been mandatory in my life. So...my song on
YouTube...accordingly...never has a whiff of turkeydom about it...but is about many
simple gifts we have been given in our lives...that we tend to take for granted
...like...rain...rainbow...wind...fire...water...Earth...Sun...Moon...my legs...
hands...eyes...singing mouth...and searching mind...only some of the many things
to be thankful for...anytime. I give thanks for them...and more.......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home