Monday, December 05, 2005

Bling Fest

Was thinking this morning about this season we're in...and what I like or don't like about it. Over the years there have been occasions when with family and friends...we
have sat around singing Christmas songs we remember from childhood. That...I've
always enjoyed...removed as it was from the blinging of cash registers. Meeting with
family during this time...has also been something I've felt the worth of...as I
experienced it. However...many years ago I wrote a song...which is on my cd..."Through
Arawak Eyes"...called "November Town"...with the lines..."Christmas is near...come
shop and show that you care". That's the part of this season I don't like. I was
reading in a recent newspaper...that in this season...anxiety disorders peak...and I
couldn't help wondering...where is the "Peace on Earth"...not Anxiety...that's
supposed to reign at this time?. Anyway...as you may have gathered...I am all for the
warm...loving...and peaceful side of this Christmas season...but save me from what
confronts me everywhere I turn...out in the world...nothing less than a "Bling Fest"
...sometimes with people being judged by the expensiveness of the presents they give
...and because of that...buying what they can't afford...as we seem to forget...what
this season is supposed to be all about.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home