Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Gift Of Blogging

Eight months a blogger and I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience. More than that
though...I am thankful that I survived through periods in my life as an artist...where
I kept on creating songs...poems...and prose writings...and although I made over twenty
albums of my songs...and had five books of poems and song lyrics published...there
were so many other creations accumulating over the years...so many thoughts scribbled
down in journals...no one ever saw. Not having the particular courage...or...need that
over rode dignity...or..."expressive" mental illness...to rush out to the street corner
when the urge to express myself came...to launch what I had in me out on to the world ...my life was without a daily channel of expression. I had also gone for years...bypassing the "middle men"...who hover around
artist's talents...like flies around a honey pot...the better...not to create...but to
get a piece of someone else's "action". This was all a recipe for developing "a
haunting" about the unexpressed in me. Well...the good news is...I am haunted no more.
Instead...I am thankful that I lived long enough to be offered the gift of blogging...
available to everyone in this "new age'. Although some days I wonder where my next
post is coming from...I no longer feel blocked...having bypassed the "keepers of the gates"...I feel like a river free flowing out into my world.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home