Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thanks For A Long Delayed Link


There is a mysterious difficulty with my e-mail not being allowed through...that I hope to get straightened out with my e-mail provider soon. When you use a computer and are connected to the internet...it's as if...just when you're settling in to enjoy the
magic of it all...you are sent a "not so fast" to deal with. You are forcibly reminded
that there's so much you don't know...about the wondrous machine...connected to many
more wonders out there...somewhere...that you use every day. It's also a reminder...
even though I say so myself...of how far I've come in my journey into modern
technology. I grew up on a river in the countryside of Guyana...South America...in a
house with a thatched roof...no electricity...no record player...no radio...no television...and...of course...computers then...were nowhere on the horizon. I broke
through my avoidance of "new fangled machines"...brought with me from those river days
to buy my first computer...in 2002...and to painfully start using it...teaching myself...with a little help from a friend...to send and receive e-mail...make digital paintings...then cd covers...do research on various subjects...and more recently...to make videos...and upload them to YouTube ...not bad for someone...high on creativity..but very low on the "geek" index. Anyway...whenever I reach an impasse in trying to get something done on my computer...I get that "babe in the woods" feeling...the opposite of the feeling of flying through a creation...using my computer. However...every new function I figure out how to do...on my sleek white machine...is like a reward for enduring through the frustrations of computerdom. Once in a while...there are surprise rewards...this morning I went to my YouTube site...to find that my Blog address...languishing on my channel page...in black text...had suddenly decided to turn blue...ready to be clicked and entered. A special welcome...to all who clicked it...to see if it really works...like I did...and find themselves reading this. Welcome......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home