Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Sprig Of Figs


Took today's picture yesterday...guess I could call it "A Sprig Of Figs". If you can
ever get past the copious leaves on fig trees with your camera...this is what figs on
the branch look like. There are quite a few of these trees in my neighbourhood...where
many immigrant people...not too long to Canada...keep fine and productive gardens.
I can see how...having left behind so much that shaped and comforted you...having a
tree of the same species as ones that grew around you...as you grew up...can be a
consolation...in the absence of so much that you once knew. In August...the tenders of
the fig trees here...often cast a large net over their trees...my guess is that they
do so...to protect the figs from being eaten...or "pecked down"...by birds. On my daily walks...my little digital camera...is always with me...unless its raining. Sometimes...as I stop in my tracks...to take a picture of a hanging apple...or pale green bunch of grapes...other people stop in their tracks...and as I bring my camera up to my eye...I can feel their eyes burning into me...as they try to ascertain...whether what I'm up to...is felonious...prying...or vandalistic. I wonder how many of them...get what I'm really up to...as i take pictures of anything that I deem beautiful...or is of interest to me in some way. Taking pictures across the seasons...has become an integral part of my days...as I use new technology...that makes it...so easy and simple these days....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home