Thursday, September 02, 2010

Why Do I Blog?


I've been posting entries to this blog since 2005. In 2007 I started my YouTube channel
...now thriving...where 300 videos...mostly of my songs...reside. If I were to judge what I put online based on the number of viewers it attracts...my blog would be long gone...[I've never publicized it...no wonder if it's still a secret.]...but that's not what I let define my work...or me. Why have I persisted with it?. First of all...although song making is my first love creatively...writing...[as a poet and prose writer]...is at least my "first concubine". I've always loved language and the way it can be used. So...exercising my "writing chops"...on my blog and long hand journal...is a good starting reason. As a creative artist...I am always looking out for new tools with which to express myself and what a gift...having a blog online is. Being able to upload photographs to it with my writing...has given a large boost to my entries...with many of the photos...except today's...triggering what I write...[good practice for a writer...working off triggers]. There's more...but for now I'll just add..."there's something about a blog" ...with words and a still picture...that slows me down...in a world spinning around
...much too fast...................Quester.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM , Blogger denarutten said...

I think your blog would make a good book... something to think about? maybe?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home